Thank you for following me xx

Sunday 7 July 2013

Birthday Girl - Addicted To Stamps DT card

Hello lovely peeps,
Apologies for my unexpected absence, this week has been a very sad & horrible one :(
Jodie's friend Jamie aged only 18 years sadly died on Monday night following a motorbike accident he was involved in earlier in the day when a car driver did a U turn & hadn't seen poor Jamie on his bike.
Jamie always called Jodie his "wifey" & on facebook they are married to each other, he was such a happy lad, always joking & laughing, that young man has left a lot of broken hearts behind, some hearts that never healed after losing little Jake just over 10 months ago. Jodie is back home after spending only 1 night of her holiday in Salou Spain, she wanted to get straight on a plane & come home so there has been lots of hugs & tears all round with everyone being encouraged by Jamie's poor parents to talk & laugh about all the daft things Jamie did :)

The thing that Jodie & her friends have laughed at most of all is me being invited to Somerset Dubs meet by a 22 year old lad! I didn't even know what it was but apparently it's for VW owners to show off their cars, do wheel spins & skids and the average age of the people who go is about 20!! Obviously I'm one cool muma to get an invite lol. I may just have to go to it & drape across the bonnet of my little VW Polo to pose for pictures like the young girls do just to make Jodie & her friends laugh even more lol.

Today is new challenge day at
& this challenge our theme is

This challenge will run for 4 weeks instead of the usual two as we are having a little Summer break.
Fortunately I made this card a couple of weeks ago for our gorgeous Casey& didn't get around the blogging it which I was so happy about as that meant I could join my lovely teamies today as I haven't felt at all creative.
The papers I've used are Wild Rose Studio, I've stamped the sentiment using lovely Avery Elle stamps (linked at the end) and of course Simon Says Stamps pretty butterfly and leaf outlines have made another appearance on my card :)
 The copic colours I've used are -
skin - E11, E00, E000, R12, hair E53, E51, E50, clothes - R85, R83, R81 / C3, C1, C00, crown -Y35, Y23, Y21
 I'm entering my card in the following challenges -
Inspire Me Friday - anything goes
 Yesterday I had the honour of having two of my Magnolia cards featured on the fabulous
 SIMON SAYS STAMP STORE BLOG
 You could win a Simon goodie bag by leaving a comment on the store blog HERE

Hop over & take a peek & thanks so much Steph for featuring my cards xx

The pool is being filled as I type I can't wait to get in it and cool off, I love the sunshine but this heat is a bit much for my liking. I love the early mornings & late evenings in the garden, it's so nice to be outside pottering about then, the rest of the day I'm either seeking shade or indoors.
Today is the first day I have started to feel copic & blogging withdrawal, my fingers are getting twitchy wanting to hold a copic lol. I haven't coloured an image in over a week & there are little Tilda's sat on my desk still in packets waiting for some attention, & thinking about it my craft room always feels like the refrigerated food isle in a supermarket so it will be lovely sat in there in this heat. After watching the tennis I think my craft room will be my next port of call :)
Thanks for stopping by



24 comments:

  1. This is just precious. Loving the pastel colours and pretty flowers.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pink Tilda card Mandy!
    Hugs, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh Mandy!!!! I first thought it was a repeat post from 10 months ago. Your poor daughter is probably beyond tears right now. I'm sending lots of love and hugs your way for you, Jodie, your family and Jamie's family.
    Your card is stunning as usual, love the flowers and gorgeous image Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just adorable, love the image and gorgeous layout. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness me this is just terrible news Mandy. Give my love to Jodie - she must be heartbroken once again. Motorbikrs get such bad press along with cyclists but it is mostly the stupidity of car and lorry drivers that end up causing this awful heartbreak. Sending you all some cyber hugs. Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifull card Mandy! Loving all the pink.
    Hugs,
    http://littlecreass.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh god Mandy, your poor daughter :( To lose two people so close together is just so awfully sad :( Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time :(

    Beautiful card, gorgeous colours and love the flowers

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just amazing Mandy as alway your so creative with all of your creations so sad to read your news too l'm sending hugs too take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mandy,
    Wow what a lovely pink girly card,
    simply stunning, such sad news,
    take care, sending you all lots of huggles,
    hugs
    Heather & Bronwyn x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sad to hear of another young life taken too soon! My heart goes out to Jamie's family and friends, including Jodie, it must be such a hard time for them. I hope they can find comfort in his memories.
    Stunning card, as ever - love it! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mandy, sooo sad to read your post, how tragic, my heart goes out to everyone. I just couldn't begin to imagine what it must feel like to loose a child.
    I love your card. The layout and colours are fab.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the sweet image and the beautiful papers!! Tilda looks lovely!! Hugs, Tess.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry to read your sad and tragic news. My heartfelt sympathies go out to all of Jamie's family and friends ♥♥♥

    A perfectly gorgeous card, all pink and girly and simply stunning.

    Sending big hugs your way.
    Love Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. AnonymousJuly 07, 2013

    Just beautiful, love the pretty flowers and die cuts
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry for you and all involved Mandy - what a tragic accident and only 18, just started life!
    Your card is gorgeous, so cute and perfect for a 1 year old!
    Hope you have a nice summer day!
    Hugs Kjersti:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how sad to hear of such a young life gone...hugs
    Wonderful card and beautiful colouring :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A gorgeous card Mandy! Lovely colours, embellies and fab colouring. I always love your cards! So sad to read about Jodies friend. I hope she is oke. Big hugs for you and your family. Marlies x

    ReplyDelete
  18. sorry to hear about the accident and so young -beautifu car and image love the pretty paper,colour and gorgeous bow
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so sad to read this Mandy and thinking of you and your family.
    Fantastic card as usual love the papers and gorgeous embellies
    big hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute Mandy...I love the adorable image and colors. So sorry to hear about the awful and tragic accident. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such sad news Mandy, big hugs to you and your family xxx


    Your Tilda card is stunning, I love the cute image and gorgeous details x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the sweet little baby girl on your card.

    Hugs Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh what gorgeousness Mandy love it so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very beautiful and elegant work
    Beautifully painted stamp
    and beautifully matched ornaments

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins